The 411 on textbook rentals.
If you think you won’t need to keep textbooks after your classes are over, or you’ll only use them for a short period of time, consider RENTING them instead.
Typically, renting your textbooks will save you up to 50% over buying new books!
- TEXTBOOK RENTAL OPTIONS
- Rent off-the-shelf*. When you're in the store, look for the pink "Rent Me" label on the shelf for an opportunity to save money by renting that title.
- Rent through UAccess. Look for the "rental" option when you're comparing prices in your Booklist.
- RENTAL RETURNS
- Spring 2017—May 12, 2017
- Check textbooks you have rented »
Off-the-shelf rental agreement.
RENTAL AGREEMENT (pdf) »
- I understand and accept the responsibility for the textbook rental book(s) listed on the receipt.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to return the textbook(s) rented to me through this program by the stated Return Deadline (see your Rental Agreement), or to pay the full new book replacement price per rented textbook as indicated on the receipt.
- I understand that the textbook(s) rented to me is the property of UA BookStores; and in accepting the terms of this program, I accept the responsibility to use the textbook(s) in a reasonable manner, returning it to UA BookStores in resalable condition as determined by the store. All CDs and other component parts included with this book, must be present and in saleable condition as determined by UA BookStores upon return. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable.
- I am responsible for risk of loss from any cause, including (but not limited to) theft, lost item(s), or return in unsalable condition, such as damage caused by liquids (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), strong odors (cigarettes, etc.), fire (scorched), chemical spills, tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), missing component parts, and spine damage.
- I understand and authorize UA BookStores to use my assigned UA Bursar Account to assess the full new books replacement price of the rented textbook(s), if it is not returned by the close of business the stated Return Deadline (see your Rental Agreement). All charges to UA Bursar Accounts are the responsibility of the student. Accounts with charges left unpaid beyond due dates are subject to late charges and other penalties. Your Bursar Account requires attention in order to avoid complications. Please refer to the UA Bursar’s Office Payment Policies online for more information.
- If the rented textbook(s) is not returned by the designated deadline, I understand that I will not be eligible to participate within this Textbook Rental Program in the future.